Xiaomi, who is dominating the budget smartphone category in India has announced a new addition to its portfolio with the announcement of Redmi Y2, which is the successor to the last year’s Redmi Y1. The Redmi Y2 is focused on the selfie camera and comes with a 16MP AI-Selfie camera.
First up, the Redmi Y2 comes with a 16MP front camera with Selfie-light, ƒ/2.0 large aperture, 79.8° wide-angle lens, it features a 4 in 1 Pixel binning technique, Auto HDR, Precise bokeh effect powered by AI, Beautify 4.0. Also, the device supports face unlock. At the rear, it features a 12MP+5MP AI dual rear cameras set up with PDAF, ƒ/2.2 aperture, AI Portrait mode, HDR, Panorama, Low light enhancement, Face recognition and it supports up to 1080p video recording at 30fps.
And, one of the good news is that this phone comes with a dedicated microSD card slot and not a hybrid slot, which is very much new for Redmi smartphones. It features a rear fingerprint scanner.
Redmi Y2 Specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440×720 pixel) HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage, MicroSD card support up to 256GB
- 12MP+5MP AI dual rear cameras set up with PDAF, ƒ/2.2 aperture, AI Portrait mode, HDR, Panorama, Low light enhancement, 1080p video recording at 30fps.
- 16MP front camera with Selfie-light, ƒ/2.0 large aperture, 79.8° wide-angle lens
- MIUI 9 on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Rear Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- 3080mAh battery with 5V2A fast charging
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
Price and Availability
The Redmi Y2 with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage is priced at INR 9,999 and the 4GB+64GB variant will cost you INR 12,999. They are available in Elegant Gold, Rose Gold, and Dark Grey color options and will be available on Amazon, Mi.com, and Mi Home starting from
This Redmi Y2 is for selfie freaks who are looking to take selfies on a big screen with a lot of features like AI, Auto HDR, and more. This smartphone will straight away make into our, Best smartphone under INR 10,000 and also INR 15,000 list.
Amazon Prime Day: Best Deals on Phones, Electronics, and New Launches