Along with the launch of the new flagship smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 10, the company also announced 3 new products – Mi Box 4K, Mi True Wireless Earphones 2, and Mi 30W Wireless Charger. Here’s everything you need to know about the three products from Xiaomi.
Mi Box 4K
The Mi Box 4K is a device that connects to your non-smart TV via an HDMI port and converts that to a full-fledged smart TV. It runs on Google’s Android 9 TV OS and supports most of the popular streaming apps and comes with over 5000 apps and games support which can be accessed via Google Play Store. It can also be used with a smart TV.
The Box also comes with a USB port so you can play contents from a pen drive or hard disk too. The Mi Box 4K comes with access to streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, YouTube, Zee5, and much more. With Chromecast Ultra built-in, you will be able to play all the media content from your smartphone on your TV. Lastly, the box also comes with a data saver feature, which we have seen on Mi Smart TVs.
Mi Box 4K Specifications
- Ports: HDMI, USB 2.0, power interface, audio out(3.5mm + SPDIF)
- Output Resolution: 480p, 576p, 720p(HD), 1080p(Full HD), 4K @ up to 60 Hz, HDR 10
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
- CPU: 2.0Ghz Cortex-A53 Quad-core, 64bit
- GPU: Mali-450 750MHz
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Storage: 8GB eMMC
- OS: Android TV 9.0
- Features: Built-in Chromecast Ultra, Dolby Audio, DTS 2.0, Google Assistant, Data saver
- Dimensions: 9.52 x 9.52 x 1.67 cm
- Weight: 148g
- Color: Black
Mi Box 4K Pricing and Availability
The Mi Box 4K is priced at INR 3,499 and will go on sale on Flipkart and Mi.com from May 8, 2020.
Mi True Wireless Earphones 2
Xiaomi’s first TWS earphone in India, the Mi True Wireless Earphones 2. It features 14.2mm dynamic drivers and can last up to 4 hours on a single charge. With the included box, which also doubles up as the charger, it can go up to 14 hours.
- Type: In-ear
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, one-step pairing(MIUI 11)
- Controls: Touch controls, double-tap
- Wireless range: 10m
- Drivers: 14.2mm dynamic driver
- Noise cancellation: Environmental noise cancellation
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Audio codecs: SBC/AAC/LHDC
- Features: Dual mic, smart in-ear detection, voice assistant
- Battery: 250mAH, Type-C charging port, quick charge
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours
- Weight: 50g
- Colors: White
Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Pricing and Availability
The Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 is priced at INR 4,449. However, for the first week, you can get it for INR 3,999(May 12 – May 17). It will be available on Amazon and Mi.com.
Mi 30W Wireless Charger
The Mi 10 is Xiaomi’s first device to support wireless charging and so, the company decided to bring the fast wireless charger to India. Just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, the Mi 10 also support 30W fast wireless charging but, costs 50% less than the OnePlus charger.
The Mi 30W Wireless Charger is Qi-certified, comes with a built-in cooling fan. It comes in a tilt-design and features 5 layers of protection against excess voltage, temperature, and power. It can charge the Mi 10 from 0-100% in just 76 minutes. The charger supports up to 10W for other Qi-enabled smartphones or accessories. Lastly, it comes with object detection that helps in automatically stop charging when any metal objects are detected near the surface.
Pricing and Availability
The Mi 30W Wireless Charger is priced at INR 2,299 and you can get if for INR 1,999 if you are an early bird. The charger is available on Mi.com.