Update (May 5, 2020)
Manu Kumar Jain, MD, Xiaomi India, posted a tweet today which hits the launch of truly wireless earbuds in India on May 8. This will be the company’s first TWS earbuds in India.
BREAK FREE FROM WIRES 🎧
Mi fans, I think I have received 1000s of comments from you guys about this one. 😇
Excited to announce we will be launching this ultra cool😎 product along with #Mi10 on May 8.
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) May 5, 2020
Xiaomi India is all set to unveil its latest flagship smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 10 in India later this week. After postponing the launch for over a month due to the coronavirus outbreak and lockdown, the company has announced a new launch date for its flagship smartphone.
Xiaomi took its twitter handle to announce the launch date. The Xiaomi Mi 10 5G will be unveiled in India on May 8 at 12 noon via an online-only launch event. The live stream will be available on YouTube as well as social media channels of Xiaomi India. This also marks the 10th anniversary of Xiaomi. The device teaser is already listed on the Amazon which suggests the Mi 10 will be an Amazon exclusive device. Xiaomi might also announce Mi 10 Youth 5G alongside the Mi 10 (not confirmed).
This is gonna evoke a lot of excitement.
This is gonna #EvokeYourImagination.
Mi fans, #Mi10 is launching on MAY 8th.
Yes, just 4⃣ days to go for the #108MP phone and more…
RT if you have been waiting for the launch date. pic.twitter.com/sFSfrpqIhB
— Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) May 4, 2020
Mi 10 features an AMOLED panel with 90Hz of screen refresh rate. The main highlight of Mi 10 is the 108MP rear camera setup. Mi 10 is powered by Snapdragon 865 chipset, up to 12GB RAM, and 256GB of internal storage. The device was announced back in February in China and it was made global in March.
This will the company’s first flagship smartphone after the Mi 5. It will be interesting to see how the device will be priced. As of today, the cheapest smartphone powered by Snapdragon 865 in India is iQOO 3.
Xiaomi Mi 10 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch FullHD+AMOLED curved Full-HD+ 19.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, DCI-P3, 180Hz touch sampling, 1120 nits max brightness
- Processor: 7nm 2.84 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Processor, Adreno 650 GPU, X55 Modem, Game Turbo 3.0
- RAM: 8/12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128/256GB UFSS 3.0 Internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- Rear camera: 108MP(primary, OIS, 7P lens, f/1.69, 1/1.33”)+13MP(123-degree ultra-wide, f/2.4)+2MP(macro, f/2.4)+2MP(depth, f/2.4) Quad rear cameras – LED flash, 8k recording, slow-mo
- Front camera: 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4780mAH battery, USB Type-C port, 30W wired and wireless fast charging, 10W reverse charging
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Others: 5G, 4G VoLTE, 4×4 MIMO, Wi-Fi 6/5 2.4G+5G, Bluetooth 5.1, Stereo Plus, NFC, IR blaster, GPS/Galileo/GLONASS
- Dimensions: 162.6mm x 74.8mm x 8.96mm
- Weight: 208g
- Colors: Titanium Black, Ice Blue, Peach Gold
You can watch the live stream of Mi 10 5G on all social media platforms of Xiaomi India. We will keep you updated about the pricing once the device is officially released on May 8th.
Also read: Poco X2 vs Mi 10 Youth 5G comparison
Join our Telegram channel.