Xiaomi has just announced the successor to the last year’s Mi A1. The Mi A2, along with the Mi A2 Lite was announced last month at an event in Madrid, Spain as a part of the Global launch. The company had already announced that the Mi A2 will be hitting the Indian market. For some reason, only Mi A2 will be available and the Mi A2 Lite won’t be available in the Indian market.
The Mi A2 is sporting a 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display, it is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 660 Processor clocking at 2.2GHz, Adreno 512 GPU. It comes with 4GB and 64GB storage and there is no micro SD card support. The device is running pure Android 8.1 Oreo and is backed by a 3010mAH battery with Quick Charge 4.0 via USB Type-C port. It also comes with a Fingerprint sensor, IR blaster.
In the camera department, it sports a dual 12MP+20MP sensors with LED flash at the rear with the primary 12MP shooter being a Sony IMX486 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size and the secondary 20MP being a Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels. There is a 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash, the camera comes with an intelligent scent detection and AI beautification feature. Other features include Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS. This smartphone doesn’t come with a 3.5mm headphone jack, which will be the biggest bummer for most of the users.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Specs
- 5.99-inch Full HD+(2160 x 1080 Pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 processor with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage
- Stock Android 8.1 Oreo
- 12MP+20MP dual rear cameras with LED flash, 12MP shooter being a Sony IMX486 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size and the secondary 20MP being a Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor,
- 3010mAH battery with Quick Charge 4.0 via USB Type-C port
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS.
- Rear fingerprint sensor, IR Blaster
- Thickness: 7.3mm and Weight:168g
- Colors: Lake Blue, Gold, Rose Gold and Black
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi A2 with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage will be available exclusively on Amazon for INR 16,999.
Let us know your thoughts on these devices in the comment section below.
Amazon Prime Day: Best Deals on Phones, Electronics, and New Launches