OPPO Reno Ace and a couple of other Reno series smartphones were few of the best smartphones from 2019 and earlier this year, OPPO announced Reno3 Pro in India. Building on the success of the Reno series, OPPO today announced Ace2 5G in China. But, now the company decided to drop ‘Reno‘ branding from the Ace series. The OPPO Ace2 5G will be the successor to the Reno Ace, which was launched in China back in October 2019.
The OPPO Ace2 5G comes with a big 6.55-inch Full-HD (2400×1080) OLED display with, 91.8% Screen to body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 upfront with a camera cut-out. Under the hood, the device is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 865 SoC clocked at 2.8GHz along with Adreno 650 GPU for graphics and X55 Modem for 5G connectivity. The OPPO Ace2 5G comes with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. To power all the internals, the handset is backed by a 4000mAH battery which can be charged via Type-C port with the insane 65W Super Flash wired charging or a 40W wireless flash charger. On to the software front, the Ace2 5G comes with ColorOS 7.1 based on Android 10.
Coming to the camera department, the OPPO Ace2 features a quad rear camera set-up. A primary 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP119° ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP monochrome lens with f/2.4 and a 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor along with LED flash. Some of the features of the camera include – 10x digital zoom, 3cm macro shooting, 4k recording, slow-mo. Over to the front, there is a 16MP punch-hole camera. Other features of the device include – an in-display fingerprint scanner, face unlock, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi(2.4G+5.1/5.8G), Type-C headphone jack, GPS/ A-GPS/ Beidou/ Glonass/ GALILEO/ QZSS, and HyperBoost 3.0.
OPPO Ace2 5G Specifications
- 6.55-inch Full-HD (2400×1080) OLED display, Gorilla Glass 5, 91.8% Screen to body ratio, 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.8GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, X55 Modem, Adreno 650 GPU
- 8/128GB (LPDDR4x + UFS 3.0), 8/256GB (LPDDR4x + UFS 3.0), 12/256GB (LPDDR5 + UFS 3.0)
- 48MP(Sony IMX586, f/1.7) + 8MP(119° FoV, f/2.2) + 2MP(f/2.4, monocrome) + 2MP(f/2.4, depth) quad rear camera – 10x digital zoom, 3cm macro shooting, 4k recording, slow-mo
- 16MP front facing camera, f/2.4
- 4000mAH battery, Type-C, 65W Super Flash wired charge, 40W wireless flash charge, 10W reverse wireless charging
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.1
- In-display fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- Dual SIM, 5G, 4G, Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi(2.4G+5.1/5.8G), Type-C headphone jack, GPS/ A-GPS/ Beidou/ Glonass/ GALILEO/ QZSS
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.4 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 185g
- Colors: Aurora Silver / Moon Rock Grey / Fantasy Purple
Pricing and Availability
- 8/128GB – CNY 3999 (INR 43,254 approx.)
- 8/256GB – CNY 4399 (INR 47,581approx.)
- 12/256GB – CNY 4599 (INR 49,744 approx.)
The device is now available for pre-order in China. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Amazon Prime Day: Best Deals on Phones, Electronics, and New Launches